Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:41 AM
Find More Posts by junsi
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxed View Post
Hello,

My iCharger 206B started giving me a "Reverse Polarity Check Connection" message today. I just used it yesterday with no incident. I have now tried it with three parallel boards as well as straight connections and multiple power supplies.

If I leave the unit sit for about 30 seconds and reapply power with no battery connected it appears fine. However as soon as I put a battery on the output side the message appears and will only clear after disconnecting the battery, removing input power and letting reset for 30+ seconds.

I have tried 2s, 3S and 6S batteries all with the same result. I hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject. I have been considering getting a 3010B as an upgrade since I have been impressed up to this point. However, I am having second thoughts since I purchased this unit 7/31/2011 and have less than 100 cycles on it (mostly 3S 2200mAH and 1S 500Mah).
According to our engineer, this message won't affect the use of the charger. But you can try to short circuit the output, check if this message still appear.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi