View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by laurentjeuxlille
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Croix
Joined Jul 2011
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer View Post
Would you elaborate on the FPV equipment you are trying to carry with your MiniMag? Obviously it must be a lot more than a small keychain camera. I have a keychain 808 #16 mounted on the wing of my MiniMag. This camera only weighs 17 grams so the plane is not even aware of it. I mounted it on the wing, just far enough out so that the camera doesn't see the prop. My videos are clean and clear with no "jello effect" at all.

Are you wanting to send live video plus telemetry data down from your MiniMag? If so, I'd be interested in the hardware you are considerating using.

As for lifting power, my Super Cub will lift a bit more than the MiniMag, since it's a little bigger with a 48 inch wingspan. But I have an Apprentice, still in the box, and it should be my best lifter. My plan is to add at least telemetry to it, and hopefully also FPV video.

Gus, in sunny Texas where the temperature is currently 40 degrees C (104 F).
I bought my fpv at hobbyking. It's heavy, but with my new motor, 3s lipo and a 9x5 prop, it works.

The only problm is.... i made a bad landing yesterday while trying my new set up and... broke the nose of the plane...

My mistake.
laurentjeuxlille is offline Find More Posts by laurentjeuxlille