View Single Post
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by DMala
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,640 Posts
Ralph, thanks for the review. I always felt that SkyArtec's helis should deserve more popularity due to the good value for the price, reports of good flight performance and good technical support from the US distributor. On the other side I read reports of rather fragile plastic parts for other models. What's your impression of the strength of the landing gear of the X3V, and of the other plastic parts?

I want also say that I do not agree on the statement "Beginners, forget that plastic coaxial. Order a Wasp X3V with a set of training skids, practice on the ClearView SE simulator and get an experienced R/C helicopter pilot to place you on the path to success.". Even with training gear, beginners will crash a lot, and the size and headspeed of the X3V are going in my own opinion to cause a lot of trouble in terms of repairs and potentially other issues of greater concern (safety).

In my own opinion it does look to be a competitive choice for advanced beginners that have built some experience on a small sub-micro, easy-to-fix, flybarless CP like the McpX for example.
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala