View Single Post
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by dreisinger
United States, PA, Carlisle
Joined Oct 2011
420 Posts
2012 Nats

Just got home from the Nats. Not a bad trip, roughly 500 miles one way. What a fantastic experience!! I placed 15th out of 21, but that's okay, it was more than worth the trip. I would personally like to thank all the guys who gave me some help and advice, especially Kerry, Denny, and Jack. I would also like to thank Randy and Lauren Brust and Ed and Kim Franz for their warm generosity and friendship.

I am pleased with my performance other than the boneheaded zero flight when I landed a few yards outside of the cones. That was on the first day and fortunately I didn't repeat it for the second. I also discovered leaving altitude at 6:30 or 6:45 would have been a better idea than 7:00. A 10:24 is not cool. My Oracle was flying well and I got a lot of positive comments about it's yellow and red covering being very visible against the blue sky. I didn't have any problems keeping it oriented, even when it was a very short yellow line with a red dot on each end!

I've been doing this soaring for only a little over a year, so I can't complain. I have done the Polecat twice now, once with a Radian and my Oracle this year. Lord willing, I will be returning to the Nats next year.

Oh, and let's not forget Lauren and Kim and all they do during the event!
dreisinger is offline Find More Posts by dreisinger