Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by ldhflyguy
FlyGuy
Batavia, IL, USA
Joined Oct 2007
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbo View Post
I'm slowly making my way through this thread and am wondering about simple power distribution for servos. I like the looks of the Smart Fly products however I don't really need all of the features. My 104 will be A100-10 powered so I don't need optical kill, throttle servo, ignition or any other liquid power goodness.
I like the dual CC BEC Pro's feeding 2 receivers like the KM or 1 receiver like AJ. However, connecting the outputs of the CC BEC's together still makes me nervous.
Then I ran across the following product which seems to be quite interesting from

a geek factor:

http://www.boomarc.com/products/215-...lliswitch.aspx

Any Fanatics using the Booma product?

My goal is to keep it as simple and light as possible. I'm using a Futaba HV Rx, 7955 servos all around and the Hitec programmer for setup.

Any thoughts, links or whatever will be appreciated.

Doug B.
F.W.I.W.:
I have 2 CC BEC's, each feeding a separate 8ch HV Futaba Rx, and each Rx operating half the airplane's servos. That's working fine for me. I will never hook two BEC outputs directly together because if they are even slightly different in output voltage, they will fight each other and generate unnecesary heat that may result in one or both BEC's burning out. Each receiver is running 1 elevator, 1 rudder, 1left & 1right aileron servo.

Larry
ldhflyguy is offline Find More Posts by ldhflyguy