Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:42 AM
Find More Posts by SimonChambers
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Boy this ought to get interesting. I bought a Spketrum shortly after the 6Xi's came out. I was hooked on the 2.4 and the plane matching. Then came all of the problems with the re-booting. I sent the radio back along with 4 receivers for the upgrades. Okay it took a month and a half but I was excited to be back in the air. Then I started landing with blinking lights after every flight so I called and they sold me the capacitor. Seemed like a flakey fix but I wanted back in the air. Still blinking after that. I talked with Mike Mayberry at the Toledo show and he said I should send it back again which I did and 3 weeks later I received it all back and again blinking lights. I had enough and bought my first Futaba which was a 7C. I now have a 8FG and I will never ever get another Spektrum again. I am really glad for those that have them and are happy with them as I am all about having fun in the hobby (I have been flying since 1971) But I need peace of mind. I did not get that with my one and only Spektrum and the lip service that I got from all of my phone calls and even in person with Mike was a farse. At the time I really don't believe that they really knew what the problem was. (Kind of like Castle Cremations today)

You asked and thats my story
I thought Mike Mayberry was Hitec?

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member