View Single Post
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:34 PM
grosbeak is offline
Find More Posts by grosbeak
Illegitimi non carborundum
grosbeak's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2011
1,791 Posts
So - onwards and upwards. I set the starboard wing aside and turned my attention to port.

None of the rib stumps were big enough to provide support for the new ribs, so they all came off. Afterwards I prepped the main spar, planing off all of the remaining stubs and any glue.



After a couple of not-so-great attempts at making a cardboard template for the ribs, I removed one of the two intact ribs to use instead. That did the trick.



Shortly afterwards all the ribs were in place, supported at the base by tri-stock. I made a mistake, though...



... I cut the ribs in the wrong grain. I fixed that later.
grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
Last edited by grosbeak; Aug 08, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Reply With Quote