View Single Post
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by Pickle72
Matt Mabry
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,485 Posts
Finally had time to stick my bird together. Came up with an AUW of 19.05 oz before paint but that is a couple coats of WBPU. I set the CG at 2.5" and had about 5 minutes before work this morning on a perfect 60 morning with less than 5mph winds. I flies, but just. NOt sure whats going on. Launches fine, pulls nice. I was concerned because I need to prop up to get some more watts out of my motor. But I was surprised at the rate of climb. But soon after the initial climb it starts a left hand turn that can only be lessoned with full right aileron. I didn't have time to investigate but 3 launches same results. I was able to kill power and a nice gentle left hand turn landing so no damage. I may have the wing or tail feathers a little out of whack? The inverted V tail has me confused on if its moving the right direction for rudder, elevator is correct. I didn't use rudder but I was trying to trim some in to help but I wasn't sure if I moved it the right way. It was too early and not enough coffee.

I might try moving the CG up a little, and double checking I didn't build in some left roll into the wing or tail.

Matt
Pickle72 is online now Find More Posts by Pickle72