I got the mod done today, went as smooth as I could expect considering my novice abilities and I checked, double checked and then checked again that I was putting things in the right place.
I have attached a screen shot showing a set of tests on my 8X Gensace 25C 450mah 2S packs, the first set of results is with the 1.6A test and the second set with the standard 16A, I hope these are within acceptable range. They do show up that my number 7 pack has seen better days but I'm quite happy with the others.
I tested another 8 Desire Power 35C 380mah 3S packs, these came out at a true 22 to 23C with an FOM of 1 and slightly above and a max current of 8 to 9 amps. These match up to previous results with a watt meter which I have also attached.
The single cell mod is great too, I got 18 single cells for my McpX tested of different sizes, 200's 250's 300's and a couple of 500's. Again the results matched up with the ones which hold up better in flight having the lowest IR but even so they all fell well short of the rated C. I am going to have to make up some better leads for testing them though, I noticed that the pack voltage read lower than the cell voltage and I can only presume it is my conglomeration of leads and adapters to get them hooked up
Thanks again Wayne, your a topper