Thread: Build Log HJK Monster 1.1 build thread.
View Single Post
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,833 Posts
Rolf...that Aeronaut was only to mount the plate...it does not let enough air in and is the ugliest spinner I have ever seen

Will be using one of my True Turn Turbo Cool spinners depending on which prop I decide to use. They cut me a spinner for 7x10 APC and I had a custom cut spinner done for the Aeronaut yoke. Will say this this...the TT's ain't cheap but you get what you pay for! And they let in a killer amount of air into the motor!

For the maiden I will start out with a totally expendable power system (ie. cheap ESC, cheap Typhoon 1350kv motor, cheap Turnigy 5S battery) just in case

After surviving the maiden I am going to put a Mega 22/60/1E (about 1400kv) in it and see how far we can go. Then...I plan on getting one of Steve's 1521/2D's (1425kv) and running some head to head tests. Should be interesting, fun, and crazy fast

I'm a pretty good way off from maiden. Have to get the tail feathers on next and I want them straight so some thought is going to go into it first and a second opinion from a good builder friend of mine.

Oh yeah...as far as RPM's are concerned. Am looking for whatever will get me to 4KW to start. I have a set of Marcus K's 7x13 folders and a bunch of APC sport and pylon props. Getting good speed props is a problem over here as you know...am waiting on you to get some good stuff in stock, hint...hint!

Chris, if you're home and read this I'd like to stop out this week and have you take a look if that is OK?!
arcticflyer is online now Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Last edited by arcticflyer; Aug 05, 2012 at 03:34 PM.