View Single Post
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by markusvt
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,208 Posts
Agreed, for sure.

I tried to put all the detail in the post, to help others with their planes, and learn too on different things other folks are doing, if they which to share.

Got some wickedly crazy out there responses of no value to anyone.

More interesting questions might be how many runs on the plane so far, how did you set motor angle, where was the CG, what was the radio set-up, did you use expo, how much, why the separate RX battery, how much travel, where were the trims for the high speed run, did it want to torque roll on the high speed runs, why did you not cut off the trim around the fuse like others, would you build it the same next time, any flutter issues, did trim change with speed, how do you launch it, any more videos?

I am generally interested in these types of things.

Getting anything at or near 200 is cool, especially a $109 foam kit. So if a guy wants a solid 140, or 150, or 160mph version, it also can and has been done, nice. This plane is a great entry into higher speed planes, without breaking the bank.

Flying at these speeds has risks, you need to understand them ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
Mark i respect your position ,i see it this way you had complete control of you plane at all times and thats what counts so the bottom line is you went over 200mph regardless as to how you did it .
if a person straps 500 pounds on a funjet and tosses it off the grand canyon and achives 300mph on a dive and has complete control of the plane and lands it , would it be cheating no he set out a goal and did it . the bottom line is that he did it .this isnt a competion there is no rule book there are no prizes , enjoy the moment . lets move on from this .so that noob like me can learn and enjoy this awesome plane
ps i have high respects for gurus here that have taken the time and take the time to help out with question . i have asked or have seen asked , ive learned alot from them , and just like them i have learned something from you . you took a cheap turnigy motor and made it goes ludicrous speed . thats an achivement . hold you head up .if i ever get up to the skill of flying fast like you and "lets say Mopar" i can go out and do exactly what you did . by reading what you did. and if someone says ooh thats cheating ima tell go ffff off . im not competing im having fun thats what this is all about
sorry if i offended anyone but i just got tired off all the bs
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Last edited by markusvt; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:19 PM.