View Single Post
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:32 AM
Find More Posts by Kauz
Somewhere in the Black Forest
Joined Oct 2009
537 Posts
Gallery
Aeronaut Nightfighter Heinkel He-219

The He-219 is one of my oldest models that is still in service. I built her in 1996 and she is equipped with two 400 class geared brush motors. The reduction ratio is 1:2.64, driving Aeronaut carbon electric propellers with the dimensions 8.5x6" drawing a static current of about 17amps. In the beginning I flew her with ten 1700mAh nicd cells weighing 600grs, but switched then several years ago to lipos with 2500mAh of capacity which only weigh 225grs. The overall weight of the model is now 1400grs. Compared to modern brushless powered models she lacks of course performance in top speed and climbs, but all in all she is a good to handle model with flight times around 10 minutes and a look in the air that's second to none. The geared motors in their large nacelles produce a sound that could make you believe it's real one
The Heinkel is built up of a glass- fibre fuselage and engine nacelles and the wing and tail feathers made of balsa wood. I covered my particular model with solar-tex and painted it using an airbrush.

Frank
Kauz is offline Find More Posts by Kauz
Last edited by Kauz; Aug 04, 2012 at 09:39 AM.