Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by skitchen8
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
nothing wrong with Walkera , ive flown them since i started 7-8 years ago , my first heli was the 36, most problems stemmed from people who believed RTF meant take it out the box and stick a battery in or very bad routing ( aerial wire near motors and esc etc causing interference). Overall although they dont use the best quality materials if you know what you are doing then they produce decent cheap helicopters ( well, they used to until they started hiking the prices up to what they are today)
Well, RTF means Ready To Fly. It seems a safe assumption that it should be... well... ready to fly. Any aircraft I have bought RTF has flown out of the box, as it should be. They should make a new class just for Walkera: RTFAMA; Ready To Fly After Major Adjustments (AKA: I wish they had just let me put it together so I don't have to take it all the way apart and then put it back together)

I guess I get this by coming from fixed wing, in fw my experience is that it will fly just fine out of the box and you just need to make adjustments to make it suit your individual flying style. RTF planes don't require threadlocker on every piece, and are not known to fall into pieces if you try flying them out of the box lol
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8