View Single Post
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by chktm
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
3,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Hey Chris, Yeah, that video of you playing on that gravel pile shows that the new MM bike does every thing the old VMX's just could not do unless the gyro was fully spooled up. What you were doing on the gravel pile reminded me of the way full scale dirt bikers go out and play on dirt piles and moguls lol! And the slow running speeds of the e gyro bike over that terrain is so realistic looking. Can't wait till the gyro kits show up! I can't wait to run the bike on the indoor track. Last winter I ran my DTX bike at our indoor 10th scale races around a very technical off road carpet track and ran several consecutive laps without crashing, and the car guys cheered every time I cleared the 12 foot table top jump with out jumping off the track or crashing, lol.
TopDave I never realized I would have such fun doing that slow stuff but the way the bike handles with the new gyro and suspension upgrades blows me away. Like you said it reminds you of full size fun which is what I've always wanted. To do one of these tricks with the VMX I'd have to race up the road first to get the gyro working enough to have one go at the pile. Now I can go back and forth over it like with a monster truck.I love to see the slow mo action cause my eyes can't pick it up at full speed and also makes it look more realistic again. I hope when you get you gyro you can put on an awesome show and hook a few more bikers. Sounds like that jump was great, it's the best fun. Get some vid if you can thanks.
Chris
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm