Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by bonner
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Oh yeah, thats a nice charger. Well, like i said. I would probably start looking into replacing them as they get closer to 20mΩ. About your batteries... YES! a month is too long to leave them fully charged. You should not leave lipo batteries fully charged for more than a few days. Think of it like this. When they are at full charge they are degrading over time. If i think i'm going to be longer than 2-3 days some times i'll stick them in the fridge. The cold slows down the chemical process involved in the degradation of the electrolyte inside the cells. But again. I wouldn't leave them fully charged even in the fridge for more than 4-5 days.

Since your charger is so nice, i'm sure it has a discharge function too. it takes longer than a heli though I pretty much plan on replacing my packs regularly. So i don't worry about it much any more. Turnigy makes a decent quality pack for cheap. Thats what i've been using. For $10 for a 2200 mAh 3S pack it's not too shabby. I charge and fly my packs almost every day if i can. Sometimes 2-3 times each. They get degraded quicker each time you charge them too. Charging them past 1C is likely to do some damage too , even if they say you can go higher. I found this web site very informative in the care and charging practice of my lipo batteries. Even though i've gotten lazy. I just have too many packs to worry about any more.
Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. Bill
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner