Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Hey guys,
I couldn't believe it but au117 gave me the sticks yesterday to his F-35c model. I was so impressed with its small field flying qualities. It ultimately looks like a high performance jet but it flies like a gentle park flyer. With that lifting fuselage it can make tight turns and without any tendency to fall or drop a wing. On 3s most of the flight was at 70% throttle. It was a bit surreal flying this f-35 design in a small park surrounded by trees. Micro edf's have come a long way in the last few years! This model not only looks good but it's light weight and high power makes it so easy to fly. I really like the direction Au117 has gone with this project and his construction and attention to weight reduction is really influencing me on future micro EDF projects! Thanks again for the stick time Au117!
So---For high alpha with a tight flying area you would recommend the C model???...Perhaps for a larger flying area the A model would be better???

I'm planning on using the GP fan/motor on 3S...I like the high alpha flying but want to zip around as well...In the video in the hangar---Is that a C model or A model???

Kevin
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene