Thread: Discussion 3DHS Bipe, any new news?
View Single Post
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I'm all for testing and refinement as long as necessary. Cool looking planes don't always fly well. Your testing and refinements are probably designed to produce such a great flying airplane that all people will be able to complain about is out of stock notices and ultracote that wrinkles in the sun. And you're right, I'm late to the scene...only been flying RC for a little over a year. The vyper bipe was advertised/displayed on youtube when I was still flying a Pitts Model 12, and I was very interested way back then to buy one. Now, I'm leaning toward an Extra EPP, or an AJ Slick, or a Bigfoot (for winter build).

I should clarify: Other planes I have flown don't have the kinks worked out, and it is unlikely that any other non-EF non-3DHS non-PA manufacturer who doesn't do flight testing and refinement during development will be able to get a plane that flies all 3D well, is tough, light, comes with good hardware, etc.

People keep telling me the Super Vyper is not a "true" 3D plane, but it flies 3D so well, and my experience is so limited, that I don't know how much better a "true 3D" plane could be.

In any event, yeah, I'd rather you strive for excellence than meeting an estimated release date.
To find out what "true 3D" is buy a balsa slick, extra, or edge. Though I do not have a vyper so I don't know what they mean when they say "true 3D".
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface