Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:37 AM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
IntegrityHndywrk; I'm using my i charger. It handles many tasks. The only thing it doesn't do is to give me safe numbers of IR, Like very good ,good ,poor, and throw it away. And yes your correct, I don't fly with a problem battery once I find out that something is wrong with it. The trouble is ,I had three batteries misbehaving at the same time. I'm thinking I may have let them sit for too long with a full charge on them while I was doing a repair job. They sat for approx. a month.
iCharger 208B battery charger
Main Features:

350W powerful battery charger.
20A maximum charge current, discharge and battery cycle modes.
Handels 1-8 cell LiPo, Li-Ion, and LiFe (A123), 1-18 cell lead-acid, as well as 1-25 cell NiMH and NiCd batteries.
Built-in balancer for up to 8 cell LiPo, Li-Ion, or LiFe (A123) batteries.
Foam cut and motor drive modes.
Battery internal resistance measurement.
Support firmware upgrade via USB port.
Battery charge and discharge
Oh yeah, thats a nice charger. Well, like i said. I would probably start looking into replacing them as they get closer to 20mΩ. About your batteries... YES! a month is too long to leave them fully charged. You should not leave lipo batteries fully charged for more than a few days. Think of it like this. When they are at full charge they are degrading over time. If i think i'm going to be longer than 2-3 days some times i'll stick them in the fridge. The cold slows down the chemical process involved in the degradation of the electrolyte inside the cells. But again. I wouldn't leave them fully charged even in the fridge for more than 4-5 days.

Since your charger is so nice, i'm sure it has a discharge function too. it takes longer than a heli though I pretty much plan on replacing my packs regularly. So i don't worry about it much any more. Turnigy makes a decent quality pack for cheap. Thats what i've been using. For $10 for a 2200 mAh 3S pack it's not too shabby. I charge and fly my packs almost every day if i can. Sometimes 2-3 times each. They get degraded quicker each time you charge them too. Charging them past 1C is likely to do some damage too , even if they say you can go higher. I found this web site very informative in the care and charging practice of my lipo batteries. Even though i've gotten lazy. I just have too many packs to worry about any more.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk