Thread: Build Log Thermal BLEED
View Single Post
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by Quick61
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,704 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Kent. The weight is about 23 - 24oz balanced. I don't know for sure as the scales I have were bought for weighing gold, not planes, so it only goes to 20oz.

The apparent instability in pitch was about 90% me and maybe maybe 10-15% CG. I'm thinking a little more nose weight and a touch more reflex in the elevons will have it right as rain. I know it's real close as there were no sings of proposing (hyperstall) going on. Just my led thumbs overreacting. The dual rates were set at 50% and 75%, and I was flying with the 50%. I am going to reset that for 40%, maybe 35% low and 55 - 60% high.

Yea, you are correct, it is a very small field and gets even smaller with 2m of wing trying to fly around above it. But it's the place that has the tall grass and that makes it real ince to test new planes out in. You noticed the one where it's heading to the trees on the left... had to dump it and the tall grass saved it as well as the rough landings, like the one where I stalled it about 15' off the ground and it noses in.

Yes, that one flight was great and my feelings about the wing went right up there with it. I'm going to start on the new tail in a bit. Think I might even try a CF disser on it, that might help it from ever wanting to go south again. Still, can't wait to get it back out there and put her up again.

Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61