Thread: Build Log Thermal BLEED
View Single Post
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by Quick61
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,704 Posts
Got out today and staked down my wimpy home made high start, and with that "Go or Blow" attitude, I hooked the ship up and gave it a few half power or so launches in the little field with the tall grass. It didn't help matters that once I got the high start set up and the line tight for the first launch, the wind had shifted almost 180*. Also, despite my best efforts to get it straightened out, by the time i was out to the field and ready to give it a go, the tail fin had started to warp again from being in the sun. As you can see from the first launch, it's left turn city but got it trimmed out enough to tell that this wing will actually fly. Just got to keep from being so heavy thumbed on the sticks and I think it will be alright. The last launch in the video ended rather quick, do to some brain dead moron forgetting to install the screw in the servo horn!! Just wait till I get my hands on him, like the next time I'm in front of a mirror. Karma must of been with me today as the only thing that broke was the warped tail fin! Clean break, just a little sanding, glue on a new fin and were good to go. Anyway, more later, once I get the new fin made and installed. So without further ado, here's the video for your amusement.

Mark

And of course, once again, the little key chain cam was not aimed quite right. I really need to do something about that.

ThermalBleed Firstest 1 (2 min 30 sec)
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61
Last edited by Quick61; Aug 01, 2012 at 07:05 PM.