Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicFoamy View Post
Yes, got it! I now consider myself slightly more educated on the matter. But not speaking in broad generalities here, what is your first hand experience with these “pager motors”? Are there any particular sellers or brands that you could recommend for RC use (or brands to stay away from)? Even if they are slightly “under powered” I would still be interested (not for this application but something else in development). I have been looking at the HK MCPx type heli’s and their replacement tail motors but have seen mixed reviews.

Bert
I use the larger 7mm and 8.4mm in micro boats and hovercraft. I do not deal with 6mm motors, but they all follow the same principle of ohm (you understand what I mean).
- the lower the ohms, the hotter the motor - How hot the motor is is just a way to relate it to its rpm... something like the kv rating of a brushless motor.
- the trade off is that amp draw goes up a little

You can use this as a general guide.

I just remembered...
The 6mm found in the J3 is reported to be the hottest (lowest ohm) motor used by all the parkzone micros. It may even be the same as what's on the mCPX tail. If anything is worth trying as a viable replacement, it is the J3 motor. Any place that sells Horizon products should have it.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me