Thread: Discussion Walkera 4F200 3 blade head
View Single Post
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by clearprop88
Joined Apr 2011
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Personally, I have my doubts about the DFC head. It's more rigid and i'm sure more expensive in a crash vs a $3 pack of blade links. I'm sure thats why they are cheaper... I don't think they sell DFC spare blade grips? Probably have to buy the whole head. Anyway, even if thats not the case, I just don't know if it's ready to go standard yet. But people seem happy with them in general, i think. I'm just not convinced it's the best design available.
I agree.
There's a good reason for the Stabilizer, and it's radius arms on a conventional FBL head. They smooth out the motion of the head, and take some of the load off the downlinks, and swash balls. The DFC head can't tolerate any motion of the feathering shaft, so you have to use hard dampers to keep the blades from moving around in the head. If you use soft dampers the links can pull out of their threads.
That's the bad part. The good is that it's much simpler, has fewer parts, and if set up right, more agile for 3D. The jury's still out on them, some like them, some go back to the conventional FBL heads.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88