View Single Post
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by skypup
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
2,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGose View Post
Thanks for the update, I am following this thread closely. Having returned to the hobby after a seven year hiatus, I have started back with medium (.25-.40) sized electrics with the intent of moving to gas later. The silence of the electrics is weird to me (especially on larger models) and some planes beg for the four stoke sound that completes the flying experience for me. Although I preferred Surpass 4S engines in the past, I was excited to learn that Saito was offering 4S gas engines, providing the 4S sound, gasoline economy, and easier cleanup. My initial research led me to believe the first generation (FG-20?) offerings were troublesome and not well received. I am assuming that some of these issues have hopefully been resolved? I have not found much info to determine that which is why I will be following your thread carefully. Good luck and thanks for the initial report!
You're welcome. I use to like os engines also. I have been flying mostly helicopters and electric planes since 1998. From 1964 to 1998 I of course used nitro engines. The Spacewalker II called for a four stroke like you suggest. I had a saito fg-14 but sold it before I really put it to the test. Another motor I was interested in is the Roto Motor 35 FS. Appears to be well made and would be great for scale.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/ROTO35FS.html
skypup is online now Find More Posts by skypup