View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:24 PM
DuPageJoe is offline
Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
Registered User
USA, IL, Wheaton
Joined Oct 2010
668 Posts
Progress on my Super Easy

I wanted to show you the parts I've cut so far for my Super Easy. The first picture shows one wing panel and the Fuselage/keel.

I modeled the slot after the one by Otto Dieffenbach that you referenced here in Post # 73.

I scaled Otto's drawing to a 7 inch prop diameter. The prop line is at 15 inches, just like your rectangular slot. The slot in the keel is shorter because the motor sits up a bit. I noticed this follows your plan too. I'll see how noisy this is. Planning to fly at a club field rated for nitro planes. Maybe I'll need to paint on a muffler, since all planes that fly there are supposed to have one.

The next picture shows my motor and prop sitting in the slot. The last shows my firewall on a stick motor mount.

The only modification I've made is the 12 X 8 inch triangle to be glued on at the nose of the wing panel. You could call it a KFM panel, but it's more likely a simple reinforcement, with a little nose weight thrown in.

Each wing panel with the tip piece weighs 119 grams and the keel weighs 65 grams. I removed the paper on the side of the tip piece facing the wing panel and on the matching surface of the wing panel. I'm going to use Quick drying Gorilla glue to bond these together. I've bought the reinforced Scotch extreme shipping tape from Home Depot to bind the edges.

Thanks again for the inspiration

DuPageJoe is offline Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
Reply With Quote