View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by Cobra68
--
United States, WA, Ravensdale
Joined Jan 2011
155 Posts
Aros,

Thanks for the kind words! This plane really is a pleasure to fly... and she flies like she's on rails! I'm actually even starting to feel a bit more comfortable with the landings (which, for me, make me more anxious than any other phase of flight). Personally, I think that a slight flare is OK... I don't really have the option of just letting her plop back to Earth unless I want to fix my landing gear after each flight... and I had to do that after the first two flights, and it got old really quick.

As for the speed... I can't really tell just how fast she's going. I've got two of the Phase3 F-16's... both with the EagleTree airspeed indicators in them. On my 3-cell bird, I can consistently get it to 93-95mph... the 4-cell bird seems to average out around 105mph with a personal record speed of 110mph. This is a much larger plane, and I think that makes her look slower than she really is - but my guess (after flying the F-16's with airspeed probes) is that she's somewhere in the high 90's... maybe low 100's... I just can't say for certain. I might have to try to run that RCSpeedo program on these videos to see what that comes up with. The airspeed indicator might be a mod worth making, down the road... but right now, she's flying well, and I don't really want to change anything.

Congrats on #7!

-Sully
Cobra68 is offline Find More Posts by Cobra68