Thread: Discussion 1/8 scale U-95 Hydro.
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by 785boats
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,699 Posts
Well I've added the foam. I only put in about 3/4" in the bottom of each section to allow it to grow. After a few hours I pierced each section with a pencil a few times to allow air to get at the foam inside to make sure it was fully cured & wouldn't grow again in the future. It was till a bit moist & sticky in the centre of most of the sections. In some places it then grew out of the pencil holes. Then I cut off the excess above the deck line.
Yesterday while at our clubs race day the hull spent the day sitting on the roof of my car 'baking' in the sun to encourage any more growth. But nothing happened. I pierced the sections again with a pencil & every thing was crisp & dry on the insides of all the sections. There's a few places where the foam didn't grow all the way up to the deck line, so I'll add a bit more there, sand it all to shape & then add the decks.
Here's a couple of pics. The first couple are when it was a bout half expanded, & the last one is with the piercings & the tops cut off, after a day in the sun.
Cheers.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats