Well, first things first. After looking at the fuse, it will take major surgery to put in a rudder... next pod. So it will have to go like it is for now, and to that end. -
Covered the fuse with the Skyloft and was less than impressed. Then about half way through covering the first wing my "less than impressed" feelings turned into a slurry of 4 letter words that I dare not even make hint of here.
So off with the
stuff, broke out the Doculam and got to it. Sense you all know all the trucks to applying Doculam, I won't go into any of that here. I will mention though that I did apply the bottom on both wings first, masked off the top and shot some color inside the bays, then applied the top covering. I think this ALMOST saved a complete covering disaster.
On the bright side, I did get it balanced out and the radio programed. Here in a bit I'm going to head down the road to the tall grass and give it a few hand tosses and see where I stand. After this FUBAR covering job, I'll be tickled right out of my BVD's if it even flies half way straight. We'll see...
Anyway, a few more pics for now.