Thread: Build Log Thermal BLEED
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by Quick61
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,704 Posts
Well, first things first. After looking at the fuse, it will take major surgery to put in a rudder... next pod. So it will have to go like it is for now, and to that end. -

Covered the fuse with the Skyloft and was less than impressed. Then about half way through covering the first wing my "less than impressed" feelings turned into a slurry of 4 letter words that I dare not even make hint of here.

So off with the stuff, broke out the Doculam and got to it. Sense you all know all the trucks to applying Doculam, I won't go into any of that here. I will mention though that I did apply the bottom on both wings first, masked off the top and shot some color inside the bays, then applied the top covering. I think this ALMOST saved a complete covering disaster.

On the bright side, I did get it balanced out and the radio programed. Here in a bit I'm going to head down the road to the tall grass and give it a few hand tosses and see where I stand. After this FUBAR covering job, I'll be tickled right out of my BVD's if it even flies half way straight. We'll see...

Anyway, a few more pics for now.

Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61