Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:56 AM
Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
4,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
Got her finished today and did the maiden. Winds were 10 with Gusts to 15. She flew great in the wind. With few airplanes available that a new person can fly in the wind this makes this plane a real "GEM". This is now my windy day trainer. Highly Recommended.

I flew my maiden with no expo thinking the small control surfaces would not make her real responsive. My dihedral also was not very great. She is extremely touchy. Add expo if its your first flight. She is also very fast and you can get yourself into trouble quick.

Thank You for this great and simple windy day flier.

I modified my plane a bit with the control surfaces in the back. I cut off the wing tips. I added an Epp nose add on for rough landings.

Mine is built out of DT Foam. Hot glue gun used. Has no support rods of any kind. Is covered in Heavy duty scotch packing Tape. FC 28-12 Motor, 20a Esc. 2 5g servos and 1 9G for the rudder. 7x6 Prop. 1500Mah 3s. CG is exactly at 14 inches from the nose.

Here are some pics and a video. Audio track was replaced due to wind. Wife got tired of filming half way through but turned it back on for the landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_421...ature=youtu.be

Thanks
Nightstone
I'm glad your SUPER EASY flew well ! Video looks great ! Thanks !

Al
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Jul 28, 2012 at 02:12 AM.