Thread: New Product The Multiplex EasyStar II ...
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Ah, I understand the point you are making now, Jürgen! But I'm not sure that being able to get an aircraft (model or full size) to gently 'mush' down at minimum speed, rather than drop the nose or wing in a pronounced or even sudden stall is purely a factor elevator throw.
Personally, I won't be reducing the elevator throw to less than the recommended amount - I only put it into the stall as part of a (normal) initial flight program. Know thy enemy!
Of course elevator throw is not the only criteria here. You also need a design, which is basically very stable and forgiving - like the EasyStar.

It makes however not much sense - for a beginner model - to have bigger elevator throws, than what it takes to stall the modell (3D models on the other hand sometimes use to 90°, but for different reasons). You don't want a beginner to stall unintentionally.

CG and control surface throws are also a matter of personal preference. The more forward you have your CG, the quicker you will run out of elevator authority. Beginners tend to over-control the model by big stick inputs. Experienced pilots sometimes prefer to control their models with small stick movements, being able to throw the model into a snap or a spin instantly by moving the stick into a corner.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig