Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
absolutely. I use a little rudder for coordinated turns, but when she starts to drop a wing without your input you have to put in opposite rudder and decrease up elevator One thing I love about the cub and the pawnee is its almost like the sticks have feedback. You can just feel what the plane is going through up there. I can feel the heaviness of the controls when she's loaded and the powder load lightening as she dusts. Maybe thats normal to experienced folks, but I'm still tickled about how sensory the R/C experience is.
Yeah, that comes with experience, so it seems you're pretty good with the sticks. It took me probably a year and a half before I started to "feel" the plane. One of my veteran flying buddies (who also was the secondary instructor at my field to sign me off for my solo when I was learning) told me "My instructor told me eventually you'll get to the point where you can 'feel' the plane, and it took me a while but I'm there now. In time, you too will 'feel' the plane." I kinda felt like I was being told about "the force" for the first time, but eventually I understood what he was talking about.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.