Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
Thanks guys. I'm just curious what folks use. I've tried several "free" programs with mixed results. I want something a bit better.
Here's the thing though... you think you want "more" in a video editor, but really, what you want is LESS. Most of the time, all you are doing is trimming and splicing clips - adding titles, transitions, and effects is a super small part of what you actually do - but that is what the editor companies try to sell you. It's like advertising that a brand new car has a great stereo, and not saying anything about the engine. Get the demos and play around - for most of what I do, Windows Movie Maker is probably the best editor I've ever used, because its interface for "trimming and splicing" is super quick. Adobe Premiere is also fairly good at that part, but it's bloated, so the performance suffers on your most common task - so it can show you pretty previews of your transitions you'll never use. So I don't know... I'm pretty irritated at the state of video editor software right now, and I think developers are going in the wrong direction - adding features instead of making the most common tasks fast and fun. (Yes, software needs to be fun).
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501