View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by Sundancer
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,996 Posts
Dear confused of Lancashire!

(Of course as a Yorkshireman I expect all Lancastrians to be confused). If you read Post number 1 in this thread I think all will become clear. The idea is that entrants build a model, if they wish (and most do) posting a "build thread" as they go along so we can all share in their progress. At the closing date there will be a poll in which all RCG members can vote, then a result is published. No prizes as such, just good fun and the fact that entrants get a nice model - or two. There is a "general" year long build off each year, but I ran one last year restricted to FROG designs which produced fifteen entries (see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652806 for the results) and this year I am trying one for British Kit designs which seems to be popular.

The great thing about build offs is that they give the incentive to start - and finish - projects you might not otherwise attempt, we all learn a lot by following the build logs and -in my case - as a result of participating in three build-offs since the start of 2011 I have seven nice, good flying, models (plus one on the way)

So - no prizes, just enjoyment, have a look at some of the build logs linked from post 1 of this thread and I think you will get a feel for how everyone is having fun and promoting vintage, traditional, model building..
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer