View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
4,164 Posts
I have now received my ebay steel screws and neodymium magnets, plus nylon screws and covering materials from Mike at http://www.freeflightsupplies.co.uk/ (have I mentioned that before?).

This means I now have the wherewithal to nail the motor on the nose, then make an approximation as to the positioning of the Rx & the Lipo, and the sticky metal to hold the two hatches on (only 1 magnet per hatch methinks otherwise I'll be a-ripping the fuz bottom off trying to open the hatches).

Then (or perhaps even during) I can start having a go at covering the old gel's modesty. I've just tried to get a 250ml pot of the Ronseal Diamond varnish from B&Q, but although Googling shows they have it in stock, it's not actually a line they stock.......work that one out!! But I'm not going to spend 25 on a 750ml pot for a model that's already tipped over the 50 mark (due to having to buy everything as I had no 'stock'!!!). I'll carry on Googling but if I fail, I'll be trying my old bockle of Johnsons' Klear which I've had since Moby Dick was a tadpole....
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink