Thread: Alert Sky Bench
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,801 Posts
Yes, when I'm near the phone.

I spend 95% of my Sky Bench working time in the shop cutting wood, etc. and there is no phone in the shop for safety and efficiency reasons. My web site news letters talk about playing phone tag with my customers and having kits on the shelf for instant delivery . Orders can be placed by USPS and fax as well as email.

This past Friday I returned a a customer's phone call that left a message, said he wanted to order a kit, after listening to his story of his personal history of building and flying woodys years ago and wanting to get back in the hobby, he said: I'm on my lunch hour with my dog in the park, I'll get in touch with you again. No mention of placing an order. Retailing can be so much fun ...

Now, I enjoy talking on the phone and I'm as gabby as anyone can be, but in the interest of producing kits, my customers waiting for the kits to be shipped don't want me spending my Sky Bench working time playing telephone tag with customers 3 time zones apart. Telephone tag is frustrating for both party's.

I know ordering is inconvenient due to not having ordering on line available.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
WWW.skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes