Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by Fairwind900
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
923 Posts
Sierra MYC Pond Report July 20, 2012

Yo Commodores,

Five for breakfast and a crowded restaurant. Richard, Bill, Tim, Garth and I took a side table today and watched a new waiters work. Sure makes you appreciate the pros... She brought Bill an Eggs Benedict instead of Biscuit and Gravy close...

We talked about boat and servos and how cool it was indoors. Garth bought one of those HS 5995tg servos that may go in his ODOM. We were thinking about some of our other pals that have been missing for a while and we were thinking of Rick H back in cool Nebraska, probably have corn on the cob for breakfast.

When we got over to the pond Don had his voyager already out on the water and sailing. Don had a new lens system he bought for his Canon that bolted on by way of the tripod mount. Very different. Nice buy Don.

We had several walk ups during the day. A Canadian family from Quebec was fun. We let them sail and they had a great time before heading to the Sequoia Park just down the road. A couple little boys and a retired guy and his wife Scott came and sailed.

We had lots of short course races and they were all squeakers at the finish line.

We shut down around 3:30. The summer temp had worked its way up and we were ready to go charge up our batteries.

One of the little boys, 8 years, old that came up really wanted to sail I handed him my transmitter and we told him he was sailing the Green boat (Richards Vic). He had the best time sailing. He was very excited. And the Victoria sailed great. The Seawind was going in circles. He figured it out and told us he was sailing the other boat. Good for him...

Lots of fun, and it was good to have the guys at the pond.

Catch up with you next week.

Rick
Fairwind900 is offline Find More Posts by Fairwind900