Thread: Mini-Review Hog wild. Now with link to site.
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
1,190 Posts
As promised, my wild Hog has been promoted to Wild Hog. The Emax CF 2822 has been replaced by an EMax BL 2215/20 swinging a GWS DD 9050 prop.

Yahoo! fun went to funner, plane is better in every way. Loops easily from level, slow flight. Just punch it a bit and roll in the elevator. Does nice, big loops now, too. Point the nose up, full throttle and do elevon rolls until it starts getting too small.

I started learning inverted flight. Hairy at first as my Hog was a good bit nose heavy. Roll it over and it headed for terra firma at an alarming rate. One of the old hands helped do some trimming as in moving the battery back a bit at a time. By the end of the day, the Hog didn't care if it was right or down side up, it'd just cruise right along @ approx 1/3 throttle and neutral elevator.

Ive done several of the vertical dives to 20' or so and banging the up elevator. First couple of times I was so busy watching the plane I stayed on the elevator too long and the Hog just did a nice loop while it was waiting for me to start flying again. What-a-hoot!

I'm seriously considering a slap-and-go on our grass strip. Ya see there's a nice little patch of thick bermuda grass right in the middle and I figure if I can........
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Last edited by Mazzepa1; Jul 23, 2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: correct typo