Find More Posts by billyjim
billyjim
Cullman, AL
Joined Jun 2007
914 Posts
Discussion
"Final Flight" announcement

"FINAL FLIGHT" ANNOUNCEMENT 7/21/12

Time to "fold the tent." These past 5 years (since the summer of 2007) when I returned to the R/C model plane hobby have been real fun. Now it's time to move on. Also, sickness in the family is taking front-in-center of my time. So I'm "cleaning out the closet." I'm giving away all my gear. I'm not sending/mailing stuff to anyone, so this offer only makes sense to someone who's within driving distance of northern Alabama. My home town of Cullman is close to I-65, about an hour's drive south of Huntsville, AL, and an hour's drive north of Birmingham, AL. You'll probably need an empty station wagon or large sedan to cart the stuff away.

Who'd be interested in this gear? Someone who's focus is UM (ultra-micro), DIY foam construction models, simple 3-channel gear (mostly Hobbico Flyzone stuff.) My special interest has been WWI stand-off scale, real slow flying models ("floaters"). I'm also giving away a considerable amount of older generation electronic gear (e.g., 1970s and 1980s discrete components, Hitachi 5" scope, etc.)

===================================

Here's an outline of my gear:

Vintage kits
Paints
Plans
Glues, cements
Lots of new, small 1S,130mAh lipos
Hobbico/Flyzone UM receivers, transmitters
Books/CDs
Tools (including foam cutters)
Materials (foams, etc)
Electronics components
Camera gear
Decal gear

========================
Other pertinent info:

The URL below will take you to the RC Group's website, where I posted the 'build log" of the last plane I built. The first post in that log will show a list of URLs --- which pretty well cover the instructions for my various construction techniques over the last five years since 2007.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1630383

=========================

73's, Bill, ex-KG4DHJ
billyjim is offline Find More Posts by billyjim