View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by stacker
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra68 View Post
Personally, I'm going with the Castle CC BEC Pro... it's overkill for this application, but I've got one in one of my 3D birds, and have been totally happy with it... so I thought it would be a good choice.

My build continues to progress along... my goal is to maiden this weekend if the weather holds out. I need a new set of retracts, but am willing to fly the maiden with the gear down -- then swap out the retracts later if they don't arrive in time.

STACKER -- I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your paint scheme for the underside of the plane. After watching the video of yours, I thought the contrast was great... and had to copy it. I tried painting the belly pan on my last one bright yellow... it let me know top from bottom, but it was still difficult to sense orientation... hence the build of Habu #3.
Glad to see you added the white ;-) It makes a big difference when you are out pretty far.

Wishing I'd bought a backup before they were out of stock but pushed the buy button on a Dynam 262 in it's place.

Take care--Stacker
stacker is offline Find More Posts by stacker