Thread: Discussion Boomeran 40 trainer
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by Watdazit
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
1,240 Posts
I am longing to get my Boomerang into the air but I have been beset with problems. I tried to set up the C of G to suit some batteries I already have however the position of the batteries to give me the right C of G were over the top of the servos and that will not work. All of my existing batteries are high mAh to suit power hungry helicopters. I ordered a lighter 4S and 5S from HK to test for C of G and flying. I also moved the motor back from 50mm from the firewall to 30mm from the firewall. The C of G using the HK batteries was perfect with the batteries where the fuel tank would go. I set about charging the 4S and the positive wire came away from the battery. Another HK failure!! It could not be repaired as it was the aluminium tab which came off. Soldering aluminium is not something I would trust. It is a waste of time making a warrenty claim. Firstly it will cost me about $25 in postage costs and about 4 weeks for HK to do anything. The battery is only worth about $22 so I ordered another one.

What is worse however, a friends dog put its paws through one wing and try as I can I cannot get Monokote to stick to the existing covering, even with sanding it and a primer applied first. This is my first attempt at using anyform of iron on film. Someone has told me that the Boomerang covering is such that if I am to use Monokote I will have to strip the whole wing and start again. Has anyone any experience on repairing Boomerang covering?
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit