Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:16 AM
Find More Posts by slidins15
Australia, NSW, Wollongong
Joined Aug 2011
310 Posts
Discussion
Methods of transporting Multicopters on a plane/long distance

Hi All,
I am planning to travel interstate in October with my carboncore 650mm hexacopter. I have to fly by plane to where I am going, hence I need a strong, foam lined case or something similar that I can pack my multirotor into with minimal dismantling. Obviously weight will be a factor too i need it as light as possible.

I plan to use this for transporting the hex in my car as well.

I have looked around the internet and am finding it hard to come up with something suitable. The pelican cases etc seem to be the right width, but not deep or high enough so it looks like I may have to go something custom. Plus the price of around $500 isn't getting me too excited.

I would prefer to be able to slide the whole hex in the case (only folding the arms in) so that I don't have to remove my camera mount, landing gear, etc. However if I can't find a solution like this, I am willing to go with one where I have to remove the gear/gimbal.

Does anyone know where I can find a foam lined hard case for my carbon core 650hex, or alternatively know of any ingenius methods of protecting your chopper for flying in an airplane.

I am going to have to deal with this issue all over again when I build up my 1000mm octo!!
slidins15 is offline Find More Posts by slidins15