Thread: New Product The Multiplex EasyStar II ...
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
USA, IL, Wheaton
Joined Oct 2010
665 Posts
Back or front of "Firewall"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
That's how most motors (brushed or brushless) are mounted. Nothing unusual here.

Jürgen
Juergen (Sorry for fake umlaut)

Depends if you grew up with brushed Graupners ( in back of firewall) or fuel i.c. motors, what you think is normal.

There is a reason to put the motor in front of that mount in the EZ II, though. You need less nose weight. A two ounce motor with its CG an extra inch back of the plane CG needs 1/3 ounce ballast or extra battery weight 6 inches forward of plane CG.

I've put a back plate mounted motor (KMS 31/21 from Hobby People) on a similar sized Push E Cat, but needed to design my motor mount so it's closer to the back of the pylon. That's shown in the picture, with an APC 7X5 E prop mounted.

I have a similar motor mounted on the front of an MSComposit Citabria, in front of the "firewall", so not all European models have it in back. My Blu-Baby 42 high winger scratch built has a HiMax 2816-0890 out front as well.

So you've got choices with the EZ II. A) Find a motor with the shaft going through the fixed end, 0r B) change the mount and add nose weight, or C) slice off the pod and glue in a firewall mount.

Guten Tag

Joe
DuPageJoe is offline Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
Last edited by DuPageJoe; Jul 18, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: clarity