View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by Pa Yankee
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
So I got around to taking some pictures... I know they are blurry.

I understand the concept of tuning the carb but what I don't know is if I have to turn the mini nut on the end of the low speed needle or do I have to get a mini flat head screwdriver and get inside of there.
The high speed needle I can turn by hand but is the little hole what you should be using?

What I have done so far is reinstall the rudder, setup the upgraded cooling (behind the prop) grease the flex shaft, and test the electronics. Prior to I had filled my bathtub and did a float test. I noticed a drop of water coming from the flexshaft and stuffing tube every five seconds or so. I removed the flexshaft and there was no grease on it at all. I greased it up and reinstalled so I hope the drip is gone.

The prior owner had installed flotation noodles in the front and back of the hull and the cover, epoxied the entire accessible hull, and upgraded? the cooling by putting a pickup tube behind the prop.
He said it has never been run??? What do you think?

If someone can further explain the tuning that would be great, thanks! I am assuming this boat has never been ran because it looks very clean. I look forward to running this boat. Thanks everyone.
Pa Yankee is offline Find More Posts by Pa Yankee
Last edited by Pa Yankee; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM.