Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
United States, OR, Beavercreek
Joined Jan 2004
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
I've really enjoyed reading about your relationship to your dog. Also, I've been wondering about the least windiest places in the US for Micro flying and Medford OR is one of the three. Hope you are somewhere close to that. I'm about 90 miles away, but it's plenty windy here.

oh the dog, yup, that dog is something else, when I met my girlfriend, she told me the dog was part of the package, love me, love my dog, my response was that i was looking for a dog but this dog came with the girl, and the girl is just one of the fringe benefits of having the dog, it's really not such a bad deal, the girlfriend isn't bothered by the planes, is a great cook, puts up with my quirks, and thinks the plane eating dog is funny, and the dog would rather follow me then her, but my girlfriend says I'm ok for a boyfriend, I'm better then nothin.

I have to admit, I do my fare share of tormenting the dog with the planes, she has chased them all over the fields trying to catch them, and I'll fly them just out of her reach, but my calculations aren't always that accurate, some times she catches them.

I live out in Carver Oregon, kind of behind a little hill, so we get a lot of dead calm days and with a runway in my front yard and 7 acres to fly over, it's a modelers paradise.

a friend just offered me a 60 acre field to fly in that is nothing but flat pasture land with enough flying space to rival any of our local club fields, it's at least 10 times bigger then the field of the club that I belong to, I'll size it up and down, figure out where I can put in a runway and then I'll have my own private little playground
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Last edited by Stuart Linfoot; Jul 16, 2012 at 07:46 PM.