Thread: Mini-Review Hog wild. Now with link to site.
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by derrickh78
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
Well I'll be darned, I didn't even think of the possibility of roll rate improvement. That's good to hear, the roll seems a bit sluggish on mine. I put it down to being a little underpowered. I'll try upping the motor size first, but if that doesn't get me where I want for roll rate, I may have to cut me out a "ventilated wing" Hog as the one I've got flies so darn nice I'm reluctant to try anything I can't easily reverse.

I nominate you for Chief of R&D at the HogWurkz. Carry on, you seem to have just the right amount of crazy about you for the job.
I dont know about crazy, but I'm pretty reckless and when it comes to this hobby, I'm just a beginner. If I had someone to tell me that what I'm doing wouldn't work, its possible I may not have even tried it. Its one of those, "Aw, what the hell" type decisions I keep making.

I think a bigger motor and adding extra throw in your servos, or upgrading your servos will make the biggest difference in your roll rates. Be advised though, that too much throw can render this Hog unflyable...or at least it did for me. Keep us posted!
derrickh78 is offline Find More Posts by derrickh78