Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Can anyone give tip(s) for learning rolling harrier? I see the stick movements but I'm wondering if there are tips to help learn. (E.g. To knife edge I read, with canopy facing left stick towards the rudder. Belly facing, stick to the nose. Or in hover, nose toward the landing gear.)
1) SLOW rolls....
2) 4-point rolls....

LOTS of them....then just slow down your airspeed to harrier and you'll already be 90% of the way there...!!

Also, you get to choose which way you want to learn to roll (first)....most of us learn one direction first, get pretty good at it...then start picking up the other rolling direction.....Keep in mind, if you want to learn to torque-roll, that rotation goes LEFT.....

I did not think of this....and at some point, I could do basic RIGHT rollers....but could not torque-roll when hovering......because that rolls LEFT.....once I started picking up TR's....then left rollers started to come around....OK...that's it, the secret's out....that's about as much as I can roll now......not like those cool kids..yet.... but I'm working on it...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens