Thread: Build Log RCRCM Strega Build
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by krvedaa
Joined Sep 2007
221 Posts
Strega maiden

After an intense installation / assembly period of the new Strega, I had the opportunity to fly it the day after the last hand was laid on the work.

The model felt comfortable from the first stick movement, and it is the first time I have really liked a model once it is in the air.

Maybe I was fortunate with the conditions, and that settings was perfect from the start, but I actually believe that this model has "something" for this price segment, compared to other more expensive models .

The only trimming that was needed was some up adjustment of the elevator, besides this, it flew straight.

I've never flown a 3-meter model that has so good handling and response, including both ailerons and elevator. Another thing I felt was that it held the line very well.

Only thing I can point out as "negative", was when using some rudder, it had a tendency to be unstable at that axis, "vagging its tail," but once coming accustomed to it, I'm sure this can be controlled.

I would like to credit James Hammond for a well designed F3F glider, and at least a good handling plane for fun, that is for sure.
And can't wait if there should turn up a new F3F ship with the latest airfoils like present on the new Schwing 88".

Time will show if I am able to fly faster F3F with this Strega, I do think it has the potential.

RCRCM Strega F3F Maiden at Golten (5 min 58 sec)
krvedaa is offline Find More Posts by krvedaa
Last edited by krvedaa; Jul 16, 2012 at 03:31 AM.