View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by shastamike
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
3,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post
Glue sticks are fine! I use the more rubbery stuff for motors, becase it gave me more time to tweak before it set.

I also use little bar magnets to hold things together, instead of tape. I cut one up into little squares and hot glued them in place.

It makes popping it open something i can easily do at the field.
Wow...magnets. That would really make it easy to get into the fuse. Great idea.
I just performed my first fuse opening (wish I could find a good tech term for that). I needed to add more downward angle to my prop shaft. It went well, but whoever assembled my plane besides not setting the prop up correctly also used a ton of silicone glue. Horizon said "FPV Silicone by Devcon". Never did get the gear box cut all the way out. Got the front a bit loose and slid shims in to get more downward angle of prop shaft. Now if the wind would only die down I could test it out. I'll let all the T-28 guys know the results tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks for the tips.
Mike
I can't believe I posted that the Silicone was FPV. So many acronyms in this hobby. ARF,, BNF . It was RTV Silicone by Devcon.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Last edited by shastamike; Jul 16, 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: totally goofed this one up