Thread: Mini-Review Hog wild. Now with link to site.
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by derrickh78
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
Derrick,
I'm very interested in hearing the effect on flight performance that the increase of wing loading vs overall weight reduction has on (Da') Dronkey.

I'm also curious about your motor mount. Is that a piece of angle aluminum attached with machine screws/hex nuts?

Never seen anyone cut big holes in the wing before.
Isn't it cool that these things are so cheap it makes for such willingness to experiment?
Im gonna be honest with you, I have no idea what "wing loading" is and im too tired to look it up right now. I will find out a weight soon and let you know though. Im kind of interested in that myself.

Yes, the motor mount is a 1"x1" piece of aluminum angle and yes this one has machine screws with nylon lock nuts. The small blind nuts with the teeth on them work well too as they bite into the wing when tightened and the extra surface on them acts as a washer. So far, the way you see the motor mounted on "Da Dronkey" (what a stupid name) seems to be the best with that mount and lowers the motor closer to the center of the cutout for the prop. It also pushes against the corplast when it spools up and resits the flexing and eventual breakage from just mounting the angle on top of the wing and running the bolts down through the bottom.
derrickh78 is offline Find More Posts by derrickh78