Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
4,319 Posts
Throttle problem

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....
I've bought 3x9116 B-Stock (customer returns) marked as defect for spare parts supply. 30 bucks, cheap enough.

1 came in mint condition, no flaws just rebind and fly (The Good)
1 as expected - beyond repair but still many useable parts (servos, motors, etc) it looks like the first buyer had it flown FF in a wall at the first flight and destroyed canopy, main frame, PCP and battery..... (The Ugly)

The last one is completely mint - obviously never flown because of a little prob.

Without any stick-action the throttle alternates between chosen RPM to max and back. Its no prob with the RX, I've tested 4 different ones, and as you can see in the vid - no changes in the display bar.

00000 4 (0 min 35 sec)

Don't laugh too loud if you watch me get my fingers in the rotor......

Any suggestions? Anyone with a cheap solution by hand, otherwise this beauty will be cannibalised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
How did you like the 9958's with the standard flybar against the mSR flybar? I like the mSR flybar better for quicker cyclic response.
Hi Mick!
Yes, much quicker response with the MSR-Flybar, but it causes a slight TBE on my modded 9958. (Yet)

But there are a few parts waiting in the box:
CNC-aluminum-washplate
modded rotor blades with 2mm steel ball-joints ( to fit for the MSR bones)
MSR pushrod heads
Carbon main shaft

I think I get it done tomorrow - I'll give feedback here.
Mike

(BTW - I think I'll need a ticket to OZ soon - my wife opened the delivered box with the three helis while I was off to work...... Hmm if You buy 7 Helis within a month... I'm knee-deep in trouble.....)
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany