View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by mooneymite
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Second time is a charm.

My son gave me a Pole Cat for my 64th birthday trying to induce me to get back into RC. The last RC plane I flew was a .40 gas powered plane about 15 years ago; electrics are all new to me.

The Pole Cat came out of the box, checked out and was airborne in about 10 minutes....and it snapped rolled and crashed almost immediately. Three times, three snap-rolls and crash.

After the last one, the plane was pretty banged up, so I did some trouble shooting while repairing it and discovered the rudder was intermittently going hard-over un-commanded.

My son contacted the hobby shop and the owner replaced the first Pole Cat with a second one. This one flies.....GREAT!

I don't know what's up with the first one, but it had me believing that Electrics were weird.

My only complaint about this little gem is why they added such cheesy wheel pants. They are so flimsy and weak as to be a nuisance. At the very least, there should be a way to take them off without losing the wheels.

Now that I'm re-hooked, I need to go to the hobby shop and pick up a few things....
mooneymite is offline Find More Posts by mooneymite